Friday, December 04, 2009

Ending the week with a bang

This week has been pretty much a nothing week. Well, nothing exciting anyway. School is moving along, although I'm thinking we are all just going through the motions until we break for Christmas. I've been in a cleaning, cooking, knitting mood - kids watch out. Of course, by the state of my house I was long overdue for a cleaning mood.

On Tuesday the gift I ordered for myself for Christmas came in...Seasons 1-7 of the Waltons a 1/3 the price. Cheaper even than the season box sets I was eying at the local used book store. Since I am such a kid at heart (a kid who is tired of PBS Kids in the afternoon), I allowed myself to break out the 1st season to watch between now and Christmas. The other 6 seasons will get wrapped up for Christmas morning. I'll be so surprised.

I can say that my increase in energy and contentment is probably related to watching The Waltons. For some reason, watching that show has always made me more grateful for what we have. The recession has been so depressing for me, especially this fall...It feels good to finally get off my butt (again) and just aim to doing the best I can.

I cooked up a pork roast in the crockpot for dinner on Wednesday. Mary made the sweet potato casserole to go with it while I put together my first loaves of fresh bread since last Spring. The leftover pork will go into a Brunswick Stew I am making tomorrow for our wintery weather (40 degrees and rain). Last night DH got creative with a packet of alfredo sauce, pre-cooked chicken I found in the freezer and pasta. That was really good. Too bad the family had eaten all the bread from the night before.

The high point for this week is apparently going to be the doctor's trip Katie and I have to make this morning. She came to me yesterday complaining that her earring was hurting her. So, I took a look and the back was missing and this crusty stuff was on the back of her ear. cleaning off the ear I realized the back of the earring had not fallen off...it had cut inside her earlobe. The nurse at the pediatric office comforted me that they had seen it before and knew what to do.

Poor Katie, this has been her year for doctor visits.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.