Sunday, February 19, 2012

New Curtains

It is a rainy cold day. Perfect for the number of indoor jobs I have on my list.

I am on a mission to re-fall in-love with my home again. After basically six years of neglect to basic decorating while we waited for the kids to get a little older, I am ready to tackle several home projects in 2012.

One of my goals is to repaint the kitchen/family room area. I believe I know the paint colors I want to use, but we have to wait until after Spring sports, garden planting, etc to tackle the painting. Going through my fabric stash I found material that I thought would be perfect for curtains in the kitchen area. And, this morning would be perfect for hiding away at my sewing machine... three hours later

You can see why a paint job is such a high priority for us. That white has been stained with many little, muddy hand prints over the years.
The kitchen is going to be cream & red with peacock blue accents. Doesn't is just pop with color in an otherwise neutral room.

To make the curtains I used material from my fabric stash. I had bought the striped material for another project, but did not end up needing to use it then. The plaid was leftovers from a pair of maternity pants that were made when I was pregnant with Mary...yes nearly 13 years ago.

There you have my $0, rainy morning project.

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.