Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Day at the Lake

In celebration of me starting to feel a little more normal, and considering the forecast for tomorrow is mid-40s rain and 30mph winds, we put away the school books and headed out for a day at Jordan Lake.

We ate lunch by the lake, played on the playground and then headed out on the 1.4 mile loop trail. It only took us 1 1/2 hours to walk the trail and we got passed not once but twice by the same woman. But it was so worth it.

After uploading the pictures I realized that there are none of Robbie, but rest assured that he is with me - I was just the one with the camera.

Mary swears she saw a bat inside this hollow tree.

This tree was about 100years old.

Again, I love images of them walking away in a line like this.
The water levels are way down. I am standing in a clump of marsh grass that should be in the water to take this photo.
One of the reasons it took us 1 1/2 hours to walk a mile-and-a-half, frequent rest breaks.

We did manage to see several hawks, a pair of egrets and a very large squirrel nest. I love our nature days.

Peace,
Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.