Monday, April 06, 2009

What a week!

Last week was really busy, but a good busy. The beginning part of the week was fairly normal...schoolwork and getting the house ready for my mom's visit on Thursday. My mom came up so that she could go with us to see "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" Musical put on by Broadway South. It was Mary's and Katie's first experience with musical theater. We all really, really enjoyed it. I thought that it was a wonderful presentation and a great first experience for all of us (for me taking my kids to the theater).

On Friday we got our two new babies. Baby kittens that is. We were only going to get one, but they were brothers an we thought ours would settle in better if we borrowed the brother for a couple of nights. Now we have fallen for both of them.


Oreo is the black & white tabby and Zeus looks black, but does have tabby stripes. They spend a lot of time curled up together when they are not being handled by the kiddos. DH, who wasn't sure about this whole "getting a cat thing" is very taken by them. Ginger, the 4 yr old golden retriever was very excited about them, but has calmed down each day that they are here. So, we now have 4 kids & 4 pets in a very busy household.

My mom left Saturday morning so she could be home for Palm Sunday. My SIL came by and picked up all 4 of the kids so she could take them to an Easter Egg hunt. DH went to draft his fantasy baseball team, and I got the very unusual experience of being totally alone in the house for 2 hours by myself!! It was bliss. I curled up on the sofa with the two kittens and read my book. I wasn't going to waste this opportunity with something as routine as cleaning.

Sunday we had Mary's soccer game in the afternoon. Finally a beautiful weekend to play soccer. We have already missed three games this season because of rain. Mary's team finally had a good day too. All season they have looked flat and unenergetic. Mary came out ready to play on Sunday. She scored 2 quick goals, and had a great day moving and passing the ball. Such improvement just since last fall. Their team ended up winning 6-0, scoring all the goals they have not so far this season.

This week has not started out so well. I woke this morning with a migraine. Thankfully the younger kids wanted to go to the Play Place for a couple of hours, so Mary and I did some shopping to try and find sweaters for next Sunday. We also browsed through homewares picking out rugs and curtains for Mary's future bedroom. Needless to say not much schoolwork got completed today. Mary did practice using sign language to spell some of her spelling words, Katie read to me and I read another chapter of Little House in the Big Woods to Katie, and whomever else wanted to listen.

Tomorrow the public school kids will begin their Spring Break. We'll focus on the basics this week, and let the kids burn off some energy with their friends. Maybe I can get a bit more planning done.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.