Monday, October 05, 2009

Another picture-heavy post

Last week was basically a sane-normal week. Or, would have been if not for the attack of cluster migraines. Basically sharp, intensely painful migraines that hit suddenly and last for 45 minutes-2hours, one or two times a day for a period of weeks. After they pass I can function, but feel like I have been hit by a truck.

It was all about making it until Friday for Robbie's birthday. I can hardly believe that he actually turned 3. Has it really been three years since all the chaos that surrounded us at the time he was born. My mom came up for the weekend and our planned field trip to the zoo. With my headaches I bowed out of the zoo, not wanting to disappoint the kids by a sudden attack. DH was able to take the day off and go with my mom for crowd control.





While they were gone I was able to bake his cake and get some well-deserved rest. Wow, a day of quiet will do wonders for my spirit. And, I was ready to do some three-year-old partying.




With mom here over the weekend we could get some much needed shopping done. I found a winter coat for all four of the children. The long-range forecasts are calling for an actual winter this year and I want to be ready for it in case we have another surprise ice storm in early December.

Sunday, of course, was another trip to the soccer fields. Mary's team did okay. Not as sharp as last weekend, but better than the week before.



Back to the grind today... school was done well (lots of good job stickers handed out today) and the house is a mess. But I couldn't pass up the opportunity to sit outside and watch the kids play this afternoon between rain showers. Paper airplanes and gliders have been made in bunches Sunday and today. This afternoon was time to see how they flew.






We will just have to see what the rest of the week holds for us.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.