Saturday, September 26, 2009

Busy and mostly fun


It was a busy week to follow a busy weekend. Monday was the relaxing day promised by the empty box on the calendar. We did go out and buy the Girl Scout uniforms and patches for Mary and Katie so that I could spend Monday afternoon figuring out how to use the iron again ;).

Tuesday was the first day of scouts for Mary and my first day leading a troop. It went well, considering only three girls made it to this meeting. The next meeting most of the girls should be there. Working with a bunch of 9 year old girls wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. It was pouring down rain, so Mary's soccer practice was canceled and she didn't actually miss anything - bonus.

Tuesday, Katie also had her drama class. This session they got their scripts for the end-of-session play. The theme for this session is Aesop's Fables and Katie's group is doing "Belling the Cat". Katie was assigned the Cat role. She is so excited and has already memorized her lines, now she is working on everyone else's lines.

Wednesday we met a friend of mine from high school at Marble Museum so that the kids could blow off some energy. It was nice catching up with her, even though the two of us had to keep chasing after our youngest. We will have to do it again soon.


Thursday, Emily had Kindergym and Mary had soccer practice in the evening. DH had a pool to close for the season, so I had to take Mary to practice and stay after for the parent's meeting. I think he just wanted to miss the parent meeting. I don't blame him...

Friday I had another dentist appointment where I found out that I will have to have a crown completed next year. They stabilized the tooth for now since my dental insurance is totally used up for the year and there is no extra for a $1000+ crown out of pocket. Mary had a skill training practice for soccer in the evening and DH worked late.



And, yes in between all that there was time for lessons, reading, and general silliness. Schooling is still going better than I imagined for this year. We still struggle with everyone wanting my attention at the same time, but everyone seems to be enjoying their books this year (at least compared to other years). The History Pockets are a huge hit!!

This weekend is not as busy as last. DH is working today and I have errands. We still need to take Katie to the mall to get her ears pierced for her birthday. Tomorrow Mary is playing in a tournament about an hour away. Which means that we will only make the children's choir practice at church before heading out of town.

This morning I woke up to a flat tire on the van, which DH changed and put on the full-size spare. I just hope it isn't an omen for the rest of the weekend.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.