Friday, September 18, 2009

The week that wasn't

Everyone woke up under the weather on Monday. Wednesday we had the day off for Katie's birthday. Thursday my mom was still here for the morning so it made sense to use that time to go shopping for church shoes for the three girls when I didn't have to chase Robbie. Today, we have a long list of errands including the library to look for books and get Katie her own library card, party shop for Katie's pinata (for her birthday party tomorrow) and groceries...it is payday after all. While we are already out I should probably get the van inspected since it was due in August and I need it for my registration renewal at the end of the month.

So, we had one "school" day this week. It is all good. The kids have been spending their downtime reading, counting Katie's birthday money and figuring out what they can buy, my mom brought new puzzles she had found for the little ones, and I have been trying to to finish up plans for next Tuesday's scout meeting and trying to make sure we have all the supplies. We have almost finished reading Thurton Burgess' "Whitefoot the Woodmouse", which was good timing since my Dover order arrived yesterday afternoon. In addition to some Christmas presents it included three more Burgess books.

The one good thing about being "unproductive" this week is that I don't have to spend much time lesson planning this weekend. We will just recycle last week's plan.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.