Monday, September 07, 2009

Why I write on my calendar in pencil

After finally getting all these plans together at the end of last week to move Katie to a new Brownie troop, meet with my new co-leader, get Mary to soccer...and so forth, I get an email from Katie's troop leader that they will be having a meeting tomorrow night. Arrrgh! I cannot meet with my co-leader and also be at a Brownie meeting where I need to drop off multiple checks and the registration. Yes we will need to take out a loan just to get the girls going in their troops.

Another flurry of emails today, and I have not heard back from my co-leader about moving our meeting back a couple of days. Fingers crossed it will all work out. Meanwhile, I feel so behind the 8-ball when it comes to this troop. All the troops are already signing up for troop activities in the Fall, and we probably won't even be starting until October at this rate.

Our plans for today ended up being rained out. We didn't get out for the bike ride. Instead DH headed west, away from the rain and took Mary to play some golf with him. I stayed home to watched the others play in the rain puddles and clean up the house some before another week begins. Maybe later this week we can sneak away for another bike ride.

Let's just say we are all learning how to be more flexible.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

Bree Bites said...

Lovely blog, thanks for sharing

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.