Thursday, September 10, 2009

Procrastination

I'm sitting at my computer where I have a clear view of the kitchen counter which is cluttered with dishes from lunch and this afternoon. It is waiting for me to empty the dishwasher for a second time today...and I just cannot get motivated to do it. My house is still cluttered from our school day as I have been on the run since 3:30 when we finally finished. Where oh where are my little household elves?

**Updated while I am writing this the children have volunteered to empty & reload the dishwasher so they can have some ice cream. Wow!**

We had a good school day, just prolonged thanks to the link someone sent me regarding the "Time for School" documentary on from Wide Angle/PBS. Once we watched one episode we had to watch the others. What an eye-opening experience for my children to see other cultures and their educational systems.

I did get to meet with the new co-leader for the Junior troop this evening. I think she will be a good co-leader and seems very with it when it comes to kids. She did say she has a tendency to take-over...but I doubt I will be complaining too much about that. She has done scouts before and that will be great for a newbie like me.

Tomorrow is Friday!!! Yeah this week will finally be over. It is also test day for several subjects. Chapter tests are new to Mary, so this will be a good learning experience.

Peace,

Amy

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Something always gets put off when we start our school year... Housework, generally. I always figure it can wait until a weekend. LOL

It sounds like your children are your little household elves!

Bethlehem Irrigation said...

Thanks for sharinng

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.