Monday, March 12, 2012

Two-and-a-half month garden update

Thanks to some wonderful weather we have been having there are lots of changes to our garden. I find myself adding containers of something everyday to our deck. It is a great way to test out expanding our garden and I love having my work center right outside the back door.




I've even started to add a few things around the garden beds in the summer garden. My next job is to get the fence put around the area. It is time I reclaimed that area from the hens.


On the other side of the yard the Spring garden is going great. I think the peas are growing inches a day.

The lettuce is large enough that we are already picking some of the baby leaves off for our salads. I took this picture on Saturday, but I think the garden is even more filled-in after today.

For this week, I am going to get the materials to put up some fencing (hopefully this weekend), and am going to buy a few more blueberry bushes to plant in the backyard along the fence line. I need to clean-up the front blueberry bed. They will need to be fertilized before too much longer. I'm sure I will find a bunch of other things to occupy my time...

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.