Sunday, January 30, 2005

100 Things About Me

1. I am a Christian
2. I believe in a personal and two-way relationship with God through Jesus Christ
3. My husband is my favorite person to be with
4. I love being with my kids (most of the time)
5. I have always wanted a large family
6. I am a recovering alcoholic
7. I got sober when I was 19 and have never had a "legal" drink
8. My favorite beverage is Dr. Pepper, Otherwise I drink water
9. I can only drink milk when I am pregnant, otherwise it makes me gag
10. I have been married for almost 7 years
11. I have a BS in Psychology - please tell me what to do with it
12. I have never been "on a diet"
13. I like to observe life, not necessarily be involved in it
14. I love to do research and to study new things
15. I always wanted to write the next great American novel
16. Unfortunately I always get stuck in the research
17. If I had all the money I could want I would be a professional student
18. I have never had a speeding ticket
19. I grew up in a beach community
20. I do not like going to the ocean
21. I love to cook
22. I believe that recipes are merely suggestions
23. I wonder why my oldest daughter has trouble following directions :)
24. I love to breastfeed (my own children, please)
25. I can get so caught up in reading a book the house could burn down around me
26. I always wanted red hair
27. I have a red headed child
28. I am descended entirely from people of the British isles: Irish, welsh, English and Scottish
29. My family settled in NC in the 1600s, the same county in which I grew up, and someone in my family has lived there ever since
30. My only sister lives on the West Coast, darn it!
31. I dread cleaning the kitchen
32. I exercise by putting on dance club/ old skool hip hop and dancing around the house with my girls
33. My favorite colors are blues and greens
34. I love to watch home decorating shows and am addicted to HGTV
35. I will never be happy with the way my home looks, sorry honey
36. I have grand visions, but struggle with follow-through
37. My favorite music artist is Steven Curtis Chapman
38. I listen to a lot of different music - jazz, blues, old skool, 80's soft rock, 70's rock, 80's/90's hair bands, and classical.
39. I love Vivaldi's Four Seasons
40. I can't stand Opera
41. My favorite movie is Gone With the Wind
42. My second favorite movie is The Sound of Music
43. I love to play in the snow, for about an hour, after that winter could be over for all I care
44. I do not like horror movies
45. For personal escape I like to read historical romances in a bubble bath
46. I get to do that about once every two years
47. Waking up to an alarm clock puts me in a bad mood
48. I get horrible Migraines (used to get clusters of them, after having children I get them a few times a year)
49. The only place I have been outside of USA is to the Bahamas
50. I would like to travel to the British Isles, Central Europe, Costa Rica, Canada and New Zealand one of these days
51. I do not have a passport
52. The car I drive is a 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan
53. The car I would love to have is a Honda Odyssey
54. My favorite car I ever owned was a 1966 Mustang that my Dad and I rebuilt for my 16 birthday
55. We have a dog, we used to have a cat also but he ran away when I was pregnant with my second daughter, I won't take it personally
56. I prefer to stay at home to going out
57. I want to learn to read foreign languages - French, Hebrew, German and Latin
58. I took French in High School and college, but stunk at speaking it
59. I would like to have a time machine to travel back in history to study how different cultures actually lived
60. I have a black thumb and can kill any living plant that I try to grow
61. I like to play board games
62. I have never learned how to play chess
63. I have kept a journal since I was 11
64. I have gotten rid of my journals from when I was in high school and early college to protect me from my children
65. I do not like politics and will not discuss them
66. I took piano lessons when I was 5/6 and played the trumpet in middle school, other than being able to read music, I have no ability
67. I cannot sing, not even in the shower
68. I originally studied genetics in college
69. I can do nothing special with my body. For example; roll tongue, wiggle ears, double jointed
70. I was shooting guard for my high school basketball team
71. I like to watch sports with my dh, especially ACC Basketball
72. The first b-ball game I remember watching on TV is the 1983 NCAA finals in which NC State won
73. I decided when I was eight where I was going to college - NC State
74. My husband is 7 years older than I am
75. I don't like 'fake' people and people to pander towards me
76. I am not into name brand clothing, and spend most of my money at Target
78. I am a clutterbug, although I am trying to clean up and get rid of most of it
79. I can still wear a pair of jeans from high school, they were baggy and now they are tight, but I can still wear them
80. I wear jeans, sweatshirts and sweaters most of the time
81. I have basically had the same haircut since I was 15, jut sometimes it is long and sometimes it is shorter
82. I am a night owl and get more things done late at night
83. I like to have a nap in the afternoon
84. I have always thought about buying an RV and traveling around the US
85. I spend too much time on the computer
86. Patience is the virtue that I need the most work on
87. I have never thought of really living anywhere else than were I am living now
88. I never really learned how to do a lot of housekeeping things, I have had to learn on the job
89. I am learning to knit and to sew
90. I would like to start my own at home business for when the girls are older
91. I have a temper, although I am working on it
92. I collect 'useful' pottery
93. I love freshly laundered sheets
94. I am not very romantic
95. I talk to myself as I am working
96. I took a photography course, and still can't take decent pictures
97. I like to watch historical and nature documentaries
98. I have 'worked' since I was 14 (I am including being a sahm)
99. I would like to take a trip on a train
100. I hope that I don't have to do this again

Boy this was much harder than I thought it would be.

Amy

1 comment:

J-Lynn said...

OK, I started out wanting to comment on a few things but then I lost track, we have so much in common! LOL I enjoyed reading this and I bet it was hard!

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.