Tuesday, February 01, 2005

This 'n That

Since the two big girls escaped outside to play while I was nursing little EM, I figured that I would actually eat some lunch and do a quick blog.

I was going to write yesterday, but had second thoughts as it was just going to be one long vent. Anyway by the time the girls were all in bed last night I couldn't even remember what I was going to vent about. A reminder to myself that most things are fleeting, and if I do not give it a chance to seed in my brain, then it won't grow into something bigger.

We have been busy around here, we are talking about the Five Senses and I have been trying to come up with some fun demonstrations for MB on using the senses, especially ones in which I take away her sight and make her guess what she is hearing, tasting or touching. MB has been going through my books for science and experiements and has come up with a long list of ones "We Have To Do!" I love to do science and if we would only spend half the time it takes me to set-up an experiement on it, then I would be happy. I try to pick out the ones that MB and Kate won't have to wait too long on, but science is not quick and that is hard for impatient little girls.

We are working our way through The Little House in The Big Woods. MB is not in love with it, and I am thinking that I should have started with one of the others like On the Banks of Plum Creek first because it has Laura actually doing more. Reading The Little House is difficult because MB has to know how or why something happens and the book goes into a lot of detail about everyday items and activities during the late 1800's. I am constantly stopping and having to find a picture or describe something to the best of my ability, and it just makes the story very jerky to listen to and remember the Big Picture. We only have a few more chapters so I am trying to decide which book we read next. MB wants to read The Silver Chair in the Narnia series. We have read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and The Horse and His Boy. She has enjoyed the others. This one she picked out because she liked the illustrations of the Marsh-wiggles. I have a really old book from The Childhood of Famous Americans Series on George Washington and I thought that might be a good one to read for February. (OT, my mother was a 1st and 2nd grade teacher about 25 yrs ago before she became a school librarian, and I have boxes of books in my garage for that age group - and these 30+ yr old books are wonderful especially the non-fiction. They do not write books like this anymore) Back on topic; We could also continue on the Laura Ingalls books because her birthday is this month also. It is so nice to have a problem like trying to decide which good literature I am going to read next.

I have to leave soon, but I wanted to tell ya'll about the bible study I am working on so I will just give you a tease and fill in later more of the details. I have a working title of The Holy Spirit, The God Angel on Your Shoulder.

I have to leave for my six-week post-partum appointment. It is really hard for me to believe that we have been blessed with little EM for six weeks already. I either feel like she has been here forever because she just fits in so well or I feel like we just got her because the time has flown by.

Your Father knows what you need before you ask Him. Matthew 6:8

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.