Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Why I love the Blog World

Dy at Classic Adventures has an interesting post on deep blogs. I have been working in my head on a post to thank all of you in the blogging community for the help you have been to me over the past year. A year-and-a-half ago I found this blogging community. I had just given notice at work and was working out my last two months. I had no idea how I was going to handle being at home with my girls, but I knew that I had to do it. So I began lurking, and lurking, and lurking some more. And through it all it has been the blogs of other sahm and homeschooling families that have been my earthly sanity saver.

I have opened posts to read and have found other moms going through the exact same day that I was having. I have learned new ways to try to connect to my children. I have had laughs just when I needed them.

I know that there is a community, and cyber-frienships that exist. But there are also a lot like me out there. Staying in the background, reading and gaining so much. The posts don't have to be deep, they just have to be, because you don't know who is reading and who needs your wisdom or just your humor.

Thanks to all you bloggers who put your life out there for us to learn from.

Amy

1 comment:

Donna Boucher said...

Thank you for coming by to visit :o)

Gotta love a red head! I have three...but I love my son's dirty blond hair too!

I was hoping for curly dark brown like my father's...but it was not in the cards...er...genes!

Isn't Dy a great writer? My sister got to meet her last month!

Nice to meet you!

Donna

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.