Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Schedule. We don't need a schedule.

Yes we need a schedule. I used to have a schedule for my day with the girls. But it slipped a little at the beginning of the fall when MB started preschool and each day was a little bit different. Then it totally disappeared at the end of my pregnancy and after little EM was born. It seems like the children have been running our schedule for the last two months. We have improved recently on mealtimes and bedtimes in the last few weeks, but I need to have some semblance of a plan in place for during the day. It is difficult to plan out because each and every day is different for some reason, thankfully my children have "easy adaptibility." I want the schedule to have an order so the chaos doesn't reign anymore, but I want it to be flexible since my oldest is 5 an we are not truly 'schooling' yet.

As I write this I realize that it is probably I that really needs the schedule for accountability to my girls. I need to pocket hole the times I am on the computer and doing household chores, because those two things seem to absorb my day and take me away from participating in the girls' play. The girls are so young they don't need their day 'scheduled' beyond wake-up, nap, bedtime and mealtimes - everything else should be open to their creative directions. I need to better regulate my chores, computer and bible study times so that they neither take over my life, nor disappear.

Cool - I love free-flow writing.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:" Ecclesiastes 3:1

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.