Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Bright Red and Shiny

One of the things that has been "missing" at our house since we had the girls is a swing set. To be able to sit on the back deck and watch them swing from the monkey bars, learn to pump a swing, and perform other injury-defying tricks. DH has always had one reason or another for avoiding us purchasing a swing set, but after the trampoline broke I set in on it again.

The biggest thing is that I didn't want a wooden play structure. I wanted a plain, metal swingset with monkey bars. Like I had as a child. If the girls want playstructures we can go to the park, but unfortunately at most of our parks they have done away with swings because they require too much room and are dangerous. Whatever

Who knew that swingsets are seasonal, and are generally only available in the stores from February to May, otherwise we could pay 175.00 shipping on a 150.00 set.

So, I am talking with one of our grandmom neighbors (we have alot of them) and she just up and offers her set. DH tried to figure anyway out of it - checked prices himself online, ignored me, etc. Patience prevailed and he went and moved the set over here to our house yesterday. It is temporarily set up. We are hoping for some rain soon to soften up the ground so we can dig it down a little bit further. This morning for my quiet time I headed out with three cans of spray paint and painted that sucker bright red!! It is beautiful to my eyes, something I had been imagining for quite sometime. And, I would love to share a picture of it, but my camera has decided to go wonky today.

And here is the wonderful ending to my day --

I sit on my sofa, alone, sipping my hot tea and knitting some more on K's poncho - oh yeah, it does get better - when I hear a shuffling noise in the den. Upon investigation it is MB trying to sneak one of the Odyssey books to her bedroom to read. Can I just break out into a quick

YES! YES! YES! YES!

Peace and Goodnight

Amy

2 comments:

Dy said...

Oh how sweet!! Ours is in need of painting, and your description just gave me the motivation I need to up 'n do it. What a wonderful grandmotherly neighbor. I'm glad DH went w/ it - swingsets are such fun for little ones. And in the dead heat of summer, you can make your own breeze, too! Weeee!

Pilfering books - the hobby of a happy child. :-) And mom! Yay!

Dy

J-Lynn said...

What a great day! Metal swingsets are right up there with shiny red wagons and porch swings IMO. ;-)

Glad you enjoyed your day! How great about her sneaking the book off!

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.