Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Some Highlights from last night

DH takes the girls around the neighborhood for trick & treating. Why, I am not really sure? I would much rather be out than answering the door - but I always seem to have a baby who is too young to go out and needs dinner or other night time things. So, I sometimes miss out on the cute things the girls do.

I think DH and the girls scoured the neighborhood from top to bottom because they were gone a really long time this year. Which wasn't probably for the best as K had refused to put a sweater or jacket on with her fairy costume and was wearing MB's tennis shoes to walk in. Which would be why she was purple and limping when she came home.

The girls came in carrying full pumpkins, which was good because we were down to three pieces in our handout stash with more kids coming. (We had a lot more children this year than in all the other years we have lived here) So we rush the buckets into a check and sorting process.

We dump the cand on the table. DH looks through for any iffy/strange things and then we sort into the various piles:
candy for the girls
candy the girls don't like but mom does
candy the girls don't like, mom doesn't like and dh does**
candy that no one likes so we will hand back out to the unsuspecting children who are late


The candy that the girls and myself will not eat includes nuts and peanut butter. We do not have 'nut' allergies so to speak. I have never been able to stomach peanut butter - the smell or something. And, what is the good of homeschooling my children if I can'y brainwash them about something - therefore it is the ruining of good chocolate by mixing in peanut butter and nuts. Hubby doesn't seem to mind this, because well, he does not have to fight over the Reeses' Cups with anyone.

I was really taken aback by some of the candy that was handed out to children this year:
Hersheys Chocolate with toasted almonds and coconut
Hersheys Chocolate with cashews
Chocolate with macademia nuts


Really, does this seem like childrens candy to you. Although hubby had this gleeful little smile going while he sorted the candy.


K is three, and I think that this is the first year that she has *really* gone trick or treating. Some of the phrases that she used last night and DH shared with me had me chuckling.

"Give me Candy" said to a neighbor that does know us and K. So not too awfully embarassing.

"Happy Easter" DH has no idea where that one came from

And supposedly every time she was asked what she was for Halloween she responded with "I just beautiful"

K, is such a trip. Trouble in the making - but such a trip.

Peace,

Amy

2 comments:

J-Lynn said...

LOL how cute K sounds! :-)

Glad you had a great night!

J-Lynn said...

PS. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I did post a new entry because the legalism is just such a pet peeve of mine. I appreciate you researching and posting those scriptures though!

Hugs

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.