Sunday, May 25, 2008

Holiday Weekend

The weather this May has been almost perfect. We have yet to be hit with a real heat wave. In fact most mornings it is still rather chilly. The windows have been open all May, giving us the wonderful feeling that we are almost a part of the natural world around us. We spend as much time outside as we can get away with. Now that we all have bicycles, and finally a carrier for Robbie, it is really easy for us all to get out and go places.


Today Mary and I rode our bikes to the grocery store to pick up some specials in the meat department and a few other things we needed for the week. Riding the bike with limited carrying space really helps as it keeps me from buying way too many spur-of-the-moment items. For whatever reason I have done so well staying within our grocery budget, which is helping with all the other outgoing expenses we are incurring.

This weekend we have been mainly hanging around. DH did have to work on Saturday, but once he was finished we headed over to his parent's house where the girls ran around in the woods and I chased Robbie. Had our cookout there, DH helped his parents with a few repairs before they leave for their summer home in the mountains. Today, besides the bike ride to the grocery store, I've been home trying to enjoy a day of rest. DH is off tomorrow and I'm not really sure what we have planned. I need to do some more cleaning, as always. I also have pulled a lot of my lettuce and need to work on the beds before planting some more summer plants.


Happy Memorial Day all!

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.