Monday, April 11, 2011

Fun with the kids

Spending a day with my kids is very interesting. One is never quite sure what they will come up with from day to day.

Katie created her own weight system. She wants to get stronger so she can "throw the ball across the field" at softball. Emily and Robbie thought it was fun to play with too.
Here is Robbie in his "little boy" haircut. Daddy took him out for the haircut at a real place, not at home like his normal cuts. Daddy thinks I leave his hair too long, but I do LOVE those curls.

That is green gum he is showing off in his mouth. Nice looking, huh? I just could not get him to let me take a picture without sticking out that gum.

Today we worked on our batiking project to go along with Emily's Asia study. I found a way to batik without using hot wax, hot irons or dye baths (all things I like to avoid as much as possible with my little ones). Instead it used glue, watered-down acrylic paints and lukewarm water baths.


Once all of them are done I'm going to make each of them into small pillows for the kids to remember the project. I think they had a lot of fun.

For a "Mudpies & Paint" blog it has been awhile since I have had one of my 'mud' pictures. Thanks to Emily and Robbie I have a new picture.

They managed to find a couple of mudholes near the soccer fields during Mary's practice tonight. Before I knew what was happening they were doing "cannonballs" into the mudholes.
It did keep them entertained for the whole 1 1/2 hour practice, and luckily for me the facility had showers I could rinse them off in before coming home.

I just love how my kids enjoy life so much each and every day.

Peace

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.