Saturday, May 20, 2006

After such a good, productive day on Wednesday I really hated the thought of posting about Thursday and Friday - because hey - I want everyone to see this wonderful world of homeschooling and family togetherness we have going on. But, for some reason we just can't get that train of routine running consistently.

Thursday morning, while I was procrastinating and trying to tame the hair of my two oldest into something resembling a braid - which is hard when they had their hair cut into layers 6 months ago. Yet, they wanted a braid in their hair. We got a call to go meet aome friends at a local lake to see some baby ducks and baby swans. So off we went for a stroll around the lake. Then to lunch with the other family and some adult conversation time. EM fell asleep right in the middle of the kiddie area at this fast-food area - which was a total trip. Have blanket - will sleep.

So, we head home and I figure we have a couple hours to do something before we leave for two hours of gymnastics for MB and two hours of me prying EM off of the tops of tables and folding chairs while other mothers around me gasp in terror. But, on the way home my body did its little "shut down" thing, and the only thing I could even think of doing was lay down for 30 minutes. (This pregnancy has been strange to me, in that I am into my 2nd trimester yet most days I still hit a wall and literally cannot think or move without resting for at least 30 minutes). I tried to get the girls to lay with me and read - but, yeah it is mid-70s and sunny - good luck.

Okay, we will try again on Friday. So, Friday morning I wake-up and remember that it is payday and I have to get bills in the mail. So after my morning computer time I sit down to a round of bill paying. Forty-five minutes later I have made some breakfast, handed it to the kids and continued to pull my hair out over how much everything has gone up this year. Little, tiny increments each month, until you realize how much more it has become. I send up a prayer of thankfulness that we didn't move and have the larger mortgage. I begin to spend my day working on my math problem of the day.

Fast foward a couple hours, the girls have been playing outside and they come inside to have a snack, and spill kool-aid all over the floor. So, we pull out the mop. MB and K take turns mopping the actually kitchen area - until it becomes too boring for them. Then I finish up the whole linoleum area. That area looks so good, the family room looks hideous. So back outside so I can clean up the family room.

Eventually these forsaken, dirt-covered urchins show up and my back door complaining of hunger pains. Apparently, my clean the family room had moved into clean and disinfect the bathroom, scrub the wood molding in the hallway, etc. We ate lunch and MB practiced adding fractions - "hey, mom, you gave me one-half quesadilla and a whole quesadilla. I have 3/2 quesadillas" Then we read 3 more chapters in the second Odyssey book. Nap time for EM and I, back outside to play for the two big ones. MB, came back inside to wake me from my nap to tell me that Earth is the only planet that has water, light and oxygen. Since we have not gotten to that yet (doing the planets in order starting from the sun) I asked her where she learned that and she just tapped her head.

My mommy's helper came over and everybody played while I cleaned the den/office and did some more budget stressing work.

Scheduled schoolwork completed - 0

Fun, clean house, paid bills - 2

Ah, well we have next week.

In a few minutes we are heading out to an Animal Planet festival. Afterwards MB goes to her grandparents for the night.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.