Saturday, May 20, 2006

I must be speaking a foreign language

I don't know what it is - but lately I am having zero luck placing any type of food order. A couple weeks ago when we were on the family trip we pulled into a McDs for a quick lunch. I placed the order for three happy meals of various configurations. The nice guy (native english speaker) totally acted like he understood me. Hubby brings food to the table with a grin on his face - "just how many happy meals did you order?"

We got 6 of them. Two of which weren't even close to what I ordered.

Tonight hubby asks me to call in an order at our local italian joint for dinner. I order two of the same entree (they didn't have what I originally wanted). The person taking the order read it back to me - yes , two of those.

DH just calls me from the restaurant. How many entrees did you order?

There was only one --- Grrrrrrr!

I now concede placing any orders goes to hubby - because apparently I don't speak english anymore.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.