Friday, May 26, 2006

Summertime's Calling Me

I realize most will not get the reference to the "beach music" song. This is the music I grew up with - love it or hate it.

I am heading to my hometown today, yep the beach on Memorial Day weekend. What was I thinking???

MB will go on a long weekend with my Dad and Stepmom, while I visit, along with my two little ones, with my Mom.

I need to be packing, but how tough is it to throw two pairs of shorts in a bag, because that is all I have to wear right now. What is it with "daisy duke" maternity shorts and tight crop-top tanks? I am not trying to catch a man, because obviously I already let one catch me.

So, we are off to the land of pounding waves, salt upon the breeze, boiled shrimp piled in the middle of the table, and tourists crowding every nook and cranny. Maybe I throw some Buffett on the CD player for the ride down, at least until I get close enough to pick up the oldies station.

"Up on the boardwalk...."

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.