Friday, May 12, 2006

Big Bed Day

I have been gifted with very active children as toddlers, one who see everything as a climbing challenge.


So, I have never been able to keep any of my girls in the crib beyond 18 months. The fact that EM is the third and there are two climbers ahead her, I should have been ready for this. But, she always seemed so happy in her crib and never tried to climb out of it and I really thought that I wouldn't have to worry until the end of the summer. WRONG!!!

This morning I decided to take my shower while everyone slept. As I got out I heard the ominous thud, follwed by the howl of idignation. Thankfully, she wasn't hurt - just mad. But, I am not going to let her have another chance to actually get hurt. So, quick change of plans and off shopping for toddler beds.

By this evening we had this in the girls' room



EM went down as easily as she normally does in her crib and seemed very happy with her new digs. So, everyone is in one room for right now. And even better everything seems to fit really well. I did splurge on a toddler bed with the drawer underneath for even more storage.

MB went to bed a couple hours after EM, and I guess she didn't want her to be lonely




I love my girls and hubby wonders why we even worry about beds.

Peace,

Amy

3 comments:

Dy said...

Ohhhh, that last photo just melts my heart! I love it.

When did Em get so BIG? She's... she's a little girl now, not just a little baby girl. Wow.

I lol'd at the "howl of indignation" - it has such a distinct sound, doesn't it? I'm glad she wasn't hurt. That howl is usually our tip that it's time to make changes with something, somewhere.

Dy

Amy said...

Dy - I have noticed it in the last couple of months how much older she has started to look. Just a year ago I had pictures not too different from your EM, now a little girl. I should be used to this, but I don't think is ever gets any easier watching your children grow up. I still look at MB and remember the red-haired china doll - and she is all grown up ;)

Amy

Kate said...

This post reminds me so much of my youngest. He never wants to sleep by himself - NEVER! At some point in the middle of the night, he leaves his bed to go sleep with one of his siblings. Why do we even bother with beds!

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.