Monday, May 22, 2006

Titles - schmitles!

I can never think of a snappy title. It is too difficult at this hour.

The weekend was good, quiet and peaceful for most of the time. We made it over to the Animal Plant festival, which was CROWDED. I do not do well in crowds, it really ups my anxiety levels and add in the first very warm and humid day - and well, I really wish that we could have stuck with our original plan of DH taking the big two - or at least being able to go with us. Unfortunately, he had to work. I am glad, though, I din't get to miss MB on the Endurance challenge they had set up for kids six and up. MB won her heat for the "Hang in There" - all that monkeying around can come in handy.



She wanted to do the rock climb, but she had put on flip flops before going and could not do that. It was okay the line for the rock climb was insane. Well, all the lines there were insane - we were there for almost 2 hours and did a grand total of 4 things. We had to leave to meet my inlaws who wanted to keep MB overnight.

I spent a lot of time this weekend working to catch up on laundry. I wanted to spend my time this weekend weeding through my homeschool boxes that have been put into storage. I can't, for some reason, get my husband interested in totally emptying out the storage unit to reach the boxes all the way in the back and on the bottom ;) But, I really need to get my homeschooling stuff out of hoc shortly - I am having withdrawls.

In what is apprently a totally subconcious movement of myself towards more life learning and less book learning, I found this cool website for math Living Math. Cool - now we can have two or three days of "math" and the rest of the week incorporate some of these ideas. I know with my track record we will probably end up with one day or less of an organized math lesson - and do this stuff all the time (until I stress out that MB isn't able to show her math work).

Today is an at-home day for us. DH, took my van to work so I am left with the tin can on wheels (my little pet name for his pathfinder). I have some more seeds I would like to get planted in or impromptu garden and various other places in the yard. We will spend some time exploring Mercury today in our science unit. There is no where we need to go today - so this is nice.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.