Sunday, May 14, 2006

Growing Up - Nostalgia

Dy's comment on the post below about EM moving into a toddler bed has made me a little nostalgic when thinking about how quickly the girls are growing up. Granted, there are times right in the middle of it that I feel like they will never get any older - but yet, I turn around and barely recoginize them. The baby becomes a toddler, the toddler a little girl and the little girl a child.

A year ago I took this picture of EM




A baby, just learning to turn over.

Yesterday, this



A toddler. A bed of her own. A seperate person able to express her needs and loves to play her own version of "I Spy" to learn new words.

But, EM isn't the only one growing up. Three years ago K was this little toddler. All pictures have her with something stuffed in her mouth.



And, just this last week



A little girl participating in a homeschool class on how planes fly.

Then there is MB. My first - the one who started breaking me in.



At less than a year, I turn around and see her standing on the slide. I should have been warned.

At two, the climbing baby had become a pretty little toddler with a spark of trouble in her eyes.



Today, that baby and then toddler is a child. As shown in this self-portrait



The funny thing is I don't even need these photos to remind me. So many times I stop and remember holding MB in my arms as an infant, then K and EM. I find myself amazed not that they were little babies - but that they are no longer little infants.

These are my gifts on Mother's Day.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.