Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's a good thing they're cute

I really thought that MB was a busy toddler - buy am I being proved wrong. I am starting to wonder how hard it would be to put a lock on our refrigerator. I can leave her playing with something totally innocent to go do something for junior, or *gasp* take care of my needs and within seconds this one is into something. Lately it has been the contents of the frig.

The white stuff above - sour cream, a brand new container. I've also caught her feeding the hot dogs to the dogs..one at a time. And, this afternoon she was pouring chocolate syrup on the dogs.

Here I was feeding junior when K needed me outside. I ran out there for a minute and came back to find her feeding him. The camera, luckily, was right on the counter by the door. Her technique was pretty good - just a little fast for Mr. Vesuvius. I cannot tell you how many baths we go through in a day.

******************************

As a public service warning - if you have allergies or asthma don't plan a trip to NC any time soon. As if the run of days in the '80s, in March, wasn't strange enough... I was watering the garden this evening when I realized that the light had changed, I looked up and realized that the pollen was falling so fast and so thick it was actually blocking out some of the sunlight. The sky & air above tree level was clear - but this is what it looked like looking down our street.


All pollen in the air.

I have never seen it this heavy before and I have lived in NC all my life.

Most of the day we were also treated to low level smoke from yet more land being burned to clear for probably more stores. And, here we thought we had moved to the boonies 9 years ago. If you like to breath don't come here.

It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow which should clear the air. Of course the temps will be a chilling 30 degrees cooler too.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

Kathy Jo DeVore said...

They referred to it as South Carolina snow when we lived there. Apparently it should have just been called Carolina snow. :) Can't say I miss it.

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.