Sunday, March 15, 2009

And the weather changes

Being March, I knew the little Spring weather we had would not last. So, back to Winter for a few more days with rain and 40 degrees. Good days to curl up inside and veg. Of course the weather waited to change for DH to take a few days off from work. But, it is nice to have him around.

I took advantage of him being home on Friday to go shopping at the school supply store. I needed to find a math workbook for Mary. Horizon's just isn't doing it for her anymore and I'm not sure what curriculum we may switch to at this time. I was just looking for something to finish off this year and keep her moving forward on her multiplication and division. I picked up a Spectrum workbook, because I have always been happy with them in the past. I think it will fill the hole nicely until I figure which direction we want to go.

Being alone gave me ample time to browse and pick up a few more little workbooks for all the girls. Emily has finished up all her little pre-K number workbooks and wanted another 'math' book. She also loves mazes, so she got another maze book. Since I test in late summer, I decided to go ahead and get some test prep books for Mary and Katie so we can start reviewing test-taking skills here and there.

On the way home I made a library stop to load us up on some fun books for the rainy weekend.

Mary has had one of her normal go-go-go weekends. A birthday party Friday night and then her soccer team had to play at halftime of the local semi-pro soccer game Saturday night. She is supposed to have a soccer game this afternoon, but I am thinking that the rain may postpone that game. Everything is a mud pit after the last two days.

I'm hoping for a quiet day and may be able to visit my SIL who is at my MIL's recuperating from surgery this week. I haven't been able to see her yet, and woul really like time to visit. Robbie has come down with some stomach bug this weekend and does have a fever, so DH and I will have to take turns going over to visit her. SIL does not need to be exposed to any more germs.

Well, my five minutes of computer time is up. The natives are getting restless again.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

kitten said...

Sounds like a full day!
I bought some books from evanmoor.com to finish KB and reinforce a few things. Thought I would share. I also Math Mammath to really reinforce Multiplying.

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.