Thursday, August 10, 2006

Laying Low

With MB gone and visiting family, our need to be out of the house has reduced dramatically. And, I am enjoying it. I can't really admit that anything grand is actually getting done. I am working on a cross-stitch project for a family member's birthday with lots and lots of shading. Who knew there were so many shade of white and light beige. The side beneft is that very little money is getting spent on things just because we are out and it is easier.

K has been in Magic School Bus heaven. Watching and re-watching the videos whenever I let her. We have been able to read together the specific books she wants to hear and just let her play with all her Little People toys that she is thrilled to have out of storage. Yesterday afternoon she had a whole medieval village going spread out on her bedroom floor. And in the bathroom ahe had made a water park out of plastic containers for Barbie to play in. Her imagination process is really, really fun to watch and be a part of.

Last night, though, she started asking when we were going on a field trip again. To K, a field trip does include trips to the grocery store, library or whatever other errands we need to do. I guess it is time to get her out of the house. We have a pile of stale bread waiting on a trip to the lake to feed the ducks - so we will probably do that today. The library would be nice to, but EM has a screaming fit everytime we walk through the doors so that will wait until this weekend we daddy can be home.

Speaking of little EM who is getting bigger everyday, it is time that I at least pull out the little potty and have it as bathroom decor again. A few times this past week I have found her sitting on the big potty, fully dressed and diapered, smiling like she is the best thing. Diapers have to be covered with a pair of shorts, otherwise I find the diaper laying somewhere else in the house. She is also only allowing me to change her diaper standing up - that's fun since I can barely bend over. Anyway, I will let her potty train herself, but I refuse to get frantic about it since we really only have a couple of months before junior arives.

Junior is doing great. I had another ultrasound on Tuesday as a follow-up to our first at about 19weeks. That one had a shadow on it that they wanted to re-check later in the development process. I never really got it, but basically the doctor told us that it is something that can show up at certain points of development, generally not something to be concerned about. Anyway, everything is okay!! We did find out that he takes after his daddy's side and has a huge head, measured two weeks larger than the rest of his body. In the ultrasound picture I have you can even see how big this head is. My mother was so-o-o-o sympathetic - "it's not like its your first child"

The biggest blow was being told that it is time to start every other week appointments. I am not ready for this yet. Except for the nursery, which we are still using and the crib which we are finally not using, we have nothing. Infant clothes - nada, because "of course three is enough and we are not having anymore. take those clothes to Goodwill." So, we have a crib, baby blankets and car seat. I need a bassinet, diapers and baby sleepers. I want a new sling - I hate my old one as it is so bulky. I really need some time to start trolling the thrift stores and childrens re-sell shops again. I also need to start cutting some cash out of each paycheck to pay for these things.

Time to head on with the day.

Peace,

Amy

2 comments:

Melora said...

Ouch! Sorry about the big head, but I'm glad to hear that all is well. (My babies always looked like aliens to me in those ultra sound pictures.)
I wish I had some baby clothes to send your way, but ours have long since been passed along. I kind of wish that getting rid of all the baby stuff Had "jinxed" us by causing us to need those things again, but, so far, no such luck!

My kids both love Magic Schoolbus, and it is so much better than most of the cartoons on t.v. Plus, they really do pick up a little science while watching. Katie is looking forward to having more space to spread her Little People world over. I offered to let her have a permanent settlement in the basement, but she thought that sounded a little spooky.

Kate said...

Ouch! First or last baby, it will still hurt! I'm feelin' for ya! The countdown has begun! I have no baby clothes left but I'd love to send you some baby silkies for your sweet little boy to come. Email me and let me know your address. thetateschool@gmail.com

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.