Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Some "Home" Schooling


Our morning project. Doesn't it just look yummy? It was!!

MB helped me with everything but the chopping & slicing. Then while the rain fell outside and the temps hovered in the mid-'60s it simmered away on our stove. When I taste-tested it this afternoon it was so good that I changed my mind about freezing all of it and served it up for dinner tonight along with baked potatoes.

While I prepped the ingredients MB watched a National Geo show on Earthquakes. It seemed to really capture her attention and she asked to go to the library to find books on the 'inside' of the earth. Well, since I can't take EM to the library right now (is there such a thing as biblio-phobia?) we could not go today. But I did spend this evening prepping some on-line materials for us to use tomorrow. I am so pleased that our Earth study is taking off - even if she would rather do it out of order.

Unfortunately the day went downhill after lunch when I, gasp, brought out the lesson books. I don't know what I am going to do. After an hour of fussing and struggling I am exhausted. It isn't the work - when MB sits down to do it, she does it rather quickly. But, she must fight and argue and procrastinate before starting anything. She complains that K isn't doing the same work, K isn't working right that minute. And then when I go to work with K and get her started, MB complains that I am not right there with her. The girl has really become quite good at pushing my buttons.

We did manage to do the math lesson, do another page of spelling work and finish reading "What Makes Day and Night." The bare minimum.

Tomorrow is one of our 'relaxed' days. We have no planned lessons. We will work on our Earth project, there is an electrical project of re-making her hand-held fan that broke, and we still need to finish planning her "The Gingerbread Man" play that she has been working on since last week. We have most of the props ready, she & K just need to start actually practicing.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have an excellent (and HUGE) yellow and black garden spider. It has a giant web outside my kitchen window. It is very cool.

It was good to see you and the girls at choir. Tatiana really enjoyed it.

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.