Thursday, January 18, 2007

Late Morning Check in






Well we have put on the outdoor clothes and removed the outdoor clothing about three times this morning. The snow, that was so pretty early this morning has begun its melt. It is being 'helped' along by the freezing rain that is now coming down - a little extra ice layer to the snow.


My girls - who this week I have been pulling out of bed between 8 & 8:30, were up bright-eyed & bushy-tailed at 7:00. They were outside by 7:30. We have had cups of hot chocolate, bowls of oatmeal and I built a fire in the fireplace (only our second this year).

MB was allowed to go down the street to play with friends until noon. Snow is such a rare occurrence and I knew that this wasn't even going to last the day. By noon I figure she will be cold and tired and ready to do her schoolwork - Yeah, we'll see.

K & MB are so happily playing with the Blokus game. pretty colors, different shapes - it is kind of neat to see what they make.

Since we only get snow once or twice a year and it is generally gone by the next day, I always feel that these days are treats. And, since I can stay home it doesn't upset my day at all.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

Kate said...

ahhhh! you're sooo lucky! we got rain rain rain! love the pics!

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.