Sunday, March 09, 2008

Planning for this week

We have a busy week happening this coming week. Soccer practice for both Mary and Katie begins, which means we will be out of the house two evenings this week. And, lucky I am, I have jury duty on Thursday so DH will be subbing for me. Today has been my day to try to get things organized for the week.

I was able to go out grocery shopping - all by myself today. That was very nice, and allowed me to hit multiple stores. I've finally come to grips that with the rising grocery prices our monthly groceries will be in the $600 range. And, if I am going to pay that much for food I am going to get GOOD stuff. Recently it has been as cheap for me to by fresh or organic, or all natural foods as it is to be the more processed foods. Our larder is filled for the week with fresh fruits and veggies!!! I am so ready for a spinach salad.

Before I left for the stores I asked for meal requests for this week. These are the dinners we came up with:
~Homemade Pizza
~Homemade Chicken Fingers & crockpot mac n cheese
~Baked Salmon w/ Wild Rice and steamed broccoli
~Sausage & chicken Linguine
~Baked Spaghetti w/spinach salad and homemade garlic bread
~Baked Ham w/roasted potatoes
~Tacos

Lunches:
Chicken Noodle Soup
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Tortilla roll-ups
Hamburgers


I've also worked out the general school plan for this week. We have our 'normal' work which is math, reading, spelling and the typing program. Piano is on Wednesday, gymnastics on Thursday, and both Mary and Katie will be at an 'outdoors' class all day Friday.

For our history unit this week:
~ continue reading "Patriots in Petticoats"
~ read Betsy Ross biography
~ listen to "George Washington, Spymaster" by Thomas Allen
~ make 2 history notebook pages
~ yarn dying
~ play jacks

If I don't meet myself coming I'll be back later this week, hopefully with pictures of our going-ons.

Peace,
Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.