Sunday, March 16, 2008

Verdict on the bread

Last week as part of our Chemistry curriculum we made bread. I've been hunting for the 'just right' bread recipe for our family. They like my bread, but more in it is a good side dish for a meal. I've been looking for the bread that will replace the store-bought loaves for sandwiches and such.

To make the bread on Thursday I went back to my traditional 'white' bread recipe. Only this time I replaced half the white flour with whole wheat and added extra honey. Mmmmm! This bread has replaced our store bread. The kids love sandwiches made with this bread. Today I had to make two more loaves and this should last until Wednesday when I will have to make more. Every week the list of foods in this house that contain high-fructose corn syrup gets smaller and smaller.

Peace,
Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.