Thursday, June 01, 2006

Unexpected Things

Yesterday morning, running on the high that the day before had produced in me, I went out to the garage to check on the rock tumbler. It was still running, and so was our water heater. Water running all down the sides and along the floor of the garage. Not what we need while trying to get our budget back in line.

I called hubby at work. He is so busy right now and it was just one more aggravation he didn't want to deal with. So, I called a local plumbing service with whom we have had good experience. I called around 9am. By 11:30 we had a new water heater installed and working!!! For such a frustrating thing it was so nice to be able to handle it so easily. Of course I am still piqued about the $$, but at least we did have a source to be able to fund it.

Our neighbor came by in the morning to bring us our new sprouter and seeds that was delivered to her house. Yeah! Today we will start sprouting our first set of sprouts.

I worked on our menu for the next two weeks (payday to payday) and made up our grocery list for today. Then hubby comes home with his new work schedule for the month - and messes with my dinner plans. So I am having to rearrange things.

I struggled with planning meals, as always in the summer. I have great, inexpensive meals for cooler weather, but they don't work quite as well when the heat is on. I get tired of grilled chicken and hamburgers. Salads, although I love them, don't seem so popular with everyone else. Of course hubby, considers them a first course not an actual entree, and generally wants a ribeye steak to follow it.

Time spent in the wading pool by all, requests for word lists to put in alphabetical order, impromptu arts & crafts, the rocket ship made out of the water heater box to travel to Jupiter, a video on the "gas giant planets", and 4 more chapters in the Odyssey series completed our day.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.