Thursday, August 09, 2007

Need to put a lable on that

Yesterday I went grocery shopping and found ribeye steaks on sale. These are a special treat for DH and I, and we have not had any all summer. The girls like to eat baked potatoes. And I figured between the grill and the microwave I wouldn't have to heat up the kitchen with cooking a really good dinner last night.

DH did most of the cooking and set the table for us. We all dug in to our 'special' dinner. Until, everyone tasted their potatoes. Then we all kind of glanced around the table. They tasted strange and kind of sweet. I took another look at the margarine tub, and a third...and realized that he had pulled out the margarine tub that I had made vanilla pudding in the night before.

We ate around it as much as possible, and the steaks were still really good. I need to remember to do better with labeling though. I get so used to being the only one to pull condiments and such out of the frig I don't even think about it.
**********************

We are doing well staying on track with school this week. The heat wave has sent us inside for most of the day, which means I have a captive audience. We still have two more days of actual temps around 105, before it 'cools' down to the mid-90s over the weekend.

My mom is coming up today and will stay until Saturday when she takes Katie back with her to go to her day camp at the beach. We have been trying to figure out a good field trip for Friday. I've nixed anyplace that is outside or has way too many tempting outside activities. And, I want to go somewhere new for a change.

I'm thinking that we may drive back to the Greensboro area and go to Artquest, a children's hands-on, interactive art museum. I have heard lots of great things about it and it is different than our normal science museum trips. We can also go to this great hot dog and ice cream place that is near UNC-Greensboro's campus (where my mom and sister went to college).

Today we are doing housework and finishing our short week of school work. Mary wants me to teach her how to do laundry today. I think I LOVE age 7.

Peace,
Amy

2 comments:

Melora said...

Sounds like a good week! Mary wants to do Laundry? I am green with envy!
Artquest sound like fun -- I'll have to look that one up!

Holly said...

I love the pudding story. DH once moved a container of cream cheese and it spilled on him. I said, "It says pickled carrots, in 2 places." His reply? "It needs to say it in 3." :-)

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.