Thursday, August 30, 2007

Some other stuff

Some things from this week I have just remembered

Thought of some other things to share with you.

~ In the mail today received my final paperwork from NCDNPE. We are legal now. Took them less than a week, pretty good.

~ the other day when it was time for quiet reading time Mary had the audacity to tell me that "there is nothing to read in this house!" Yeah, right.

~ In trying to get into Mary's head recently I asked her if she could go to any school, what would it be like. She told me that they would have uniforms and a fence all the way around it. A little while later while flipping through a magazine there was an advertisement for a military academy and she pointed to it and said that was what she was talking about. I've decided that I shouldn't try to get into her head anymore.

~ I have found the quote for our homeschool. I can't believe I haven't come across this in other places.

non scholoe, sed vitoe discimus

"We should learn, not for the sake of school, but for the purposes of life"

It is attributed to Seneca.

I think I need to have a few t-shirts printed up this year for us. On the front have "Circle of Learning Academy" and on the back have the quote in latin. Then teach the girls to recite the translation when asked. Wouldn't that be fun. What should our school colors be????

Peace,

Amy

2 comments:

alex said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melora said...

Mary's idea of the perfect school made me laugh! Sometimes you are better off Not knowing what they think about things.

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.