Monday, October 01, 2007

Home, again

I've spent the past couple of days unpacking and washing, and just generally sorting out the house. I'm missing the relaxing view of the ocean from the back deck, but I guess I will adjust back to real life sooner or later.

I came home to two pleasant surprises...first, dh had arranged with his sister and mother to come over and do some cleaning in the house. I kind of knew about this, but had tried to discourage it. DH says I have control issues, but I kind of get a little creepy about people coming over to clean my house. I was really worried they would 'clean up' all my piles, but they didn't, and the house did look all shiny when we came home. It was nice to come home to, but then of course, I got all wound up about having to unpack everything into this nice clean home.

The second surprise was two boxes from Dover Publishing. When my mom was up here a couple weeks ago she asked me to do a wish list for them while they had their sale going. We are going to have a lot of fun with all the new books and coloring books. It was all I could do to not stop unpacking so that I could open the boxes and just stare at the shiny new books. But, I persevered and it was a treat for all of us after the car was unpacked and everything put away where it belongs.

The girls have been busy playing with friends since we returned. Mary and Katie have been giving anyone who will listen an education about North Carolina Lighthouses. One of their highlights from the trip was earning the Junior Ranger Badge for the Cape Hatteras National Seashore. We could not leave the island until we stopped and presented their activity books for the badges.

Now, it is time to ease back into our normal routine. 'School' resumes this week and all the other coordinating activities. While we were gone I did sign us up for a Geography Fair with our local HS group. We are going to do Italy since Mary had already started learning about it recently. We have a couple months to work on it - but if we just set aside one day per week to concentrate, Dec 6th will be here before we know it.

Back to work :)

Peace,
Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.