Thursday, December 29, 2005

A Beautiful Surprise

One of the benefits of cleaning out the clutter from all those hidden deep crevices in our house is finding lost treasures. While pulling some stuff my mom had brought up for me that I had stuffed in a previously unreachable corner of a storage cabinet (who really needs a pair of 7-inch wide black metal crab-shaped candle holders) I found a baggie with a bunch of sticks in it. Pulling it out I wondered why do I have a baggie with a bunch of sticks. Then I thought that maybe it was some more cedar sticks that mom had given me to use for storage. I opened in the bag and dumped the "sticks" out to find this:






A beautiful, hand-carved crech figurine set. Obviously from overseas somewhere - and we have no earthly idea where they are from and who gave them to us. Obviously I never had any idea what they were or I would not have stuffed them away so thoughtlessly. It was a wonderful find - especially this time of year when I could set them right up on the mantle.

And, if anyone does have a need for those crab candle holders, let me know.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.