Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Really Late Night

I have an admission to make; it is almost midnight and I still hear my girls going strong in the bedroom. I am finding out that I am really bad about bedtime when I don't have a husband around that *makes* me want to put them to bed. Having them up with me helps hold off the loneliness of being the only adult in the house at night. But, I am going to pay for this!!

Other than a minor anxiety attack in the grocery store today, I have had a good day. My MIL came over about 10 am (2 hours earlier than I expected) and sent me out of the house for the day with orders to do my Christmas shopping without children. I am done with the presents for the girls, but still had a few things left to get for some grown-ups.

So, I headed for the meeting that I had been packing up the girls to go with me to. That was nice to sit in that meeting without constant vigilance on where each of the girls are at any particular time. Then off for some shopping. Did not find any presents there, but did buy a few books for me ;) At the rest of the stores I had more luck. So, except for some bird seed, a shirt I have to order for my dad and a few gift cards - I am done!! Happy Dance

I got home in time to take the girls down the street to a neighbor's house for a tea (hot chocolate), after-school party. They played while we moms chatted. The neat thing about this is that the kids hosting it are boys (5 and 7). But they all had a blast!

Then a quiet, right, evening at the house.

Ahh, shhhh - quiet. I think it is time I sneak into bed and spend a few minutes reading and journaling before I fall asleep.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.