Thursday, December 22, 2005

Better

This week I am doing so much better. I believe the SJW is starting to kick in and for some reason life just doesn't seem like such a struggle. Last weekend I stayed very busy and even started a few organizing jobs around the house.

My clumsiness kicked in Sunday evening and I ended up spraining my ankle badly on a curb trying to load my car.


So for EMs first birthday I was on crutches. I have just had to laugh about it, because if I don't I would probably just get more stressed out. My mom came up for a few days to help out with the girls since I could not do a lot with them on crutches. Today, I can limp around without crutches so mom has headed home to get Christmas ready for my sister and neice.

EM turned the big "1" on Monday.

It is so hard to believe that my baby is a whole year old now. She is such a character who loves to make us laugh. I was so worried about having a third child - but she just fit right into the family.

The rose that is on the table in the picture above was cut off our rose bush Monday morning. The weather has been so cold and nasty around here, but when DH went outside Monday morning he found this single rose bud on the bush. It is EMs birthday rose.

So besides laying around and healing my ankle, we have been busy. Having someone else around who insists on doing all the household things (although this too has been difficult, given my control freak nature), has allowed me to just spend time with the girls. Playing games and reading with them. The things that I can do while sitting on the couch. It has been nice to just be able to devote some time to them. And, my anxiety about being with them, that I have experienced over the last couple of months has gone. I am so loving that.

After Christmas I am going to get together with another HS mom who I have really clicked with. We are going to work together in helping me kind of plan our next three months of school. Honoring who are children are in their personalities while also teaching and leading them. I know, real commonsense things - but it will be nice to sit and go over things with her because she sees my girls a lot and sees them from a different perspective.

I am starting to look forward to a New Year. A change and a new start on things.

I will leave you today with a picture of EM that I took a couple of weeks ago.



Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

J-Lynn said...

She's so beautiful, great picture! I'm so sorry you hurt yourself, may you heal quickly. and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Em!!! Glad your mom was able to come and help!

HUGS

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.