Saturday, December 24, 2005

Happy Christmas To All

I don't know why when I sit down at the computer recently I just can't think of anything inspired to write. We are still waiting on the girls to fall asleep. Every now and then MB cries out "I am asleep, is Santa here yet?" So since we wait I decided to hop on the computer for a little while.

Earlier this evening MB and Katie got together and wrote notes to Santa which they stuck in their stockings. Now I just need to remember to write them back.

I spent my Christmas Eve doing all those things that I have been procrastinating on. Went shopping this morning. First with MB as she suddenly decided yesterday that she had to buy gifts for her sisters. I think it is wonderful - but I just wish she had decided this a little sooner. We went to the dollar store and found several little somthings for the girls. After that I dropped her back off at home and headed to Target to buy all the things I had not been able to get to because of my ankle. This included EM's birthday present (a new forward-facing car seat) and stocking stuffers. Amazingly the store was really not that crowded. The grocery side was very busy, but every where else in the store was nice.

I came home to an afternoon of wrapping and finishing the photo montage I did for the in-laws. DH took the big girls to church for the children's service. We were all going to go together, but EM has a Christmas cold and finally went down for her nap shortly before it was time to go.

We had a very quiet evening, pizza for dinner and plenty of old, old christmas cartoons on the tv. With my girls it is a better idea to keep the evening as low key as possible, otherwise we would never get them to sleep.

I am really looking forward to tomorrow. MB (6) and K (3) are going to be so much fun together this Christmas. I think we have done a fairly good job of limiting the amount of gifts this year so that we don't go through the whole overload thing we had last year. Because we ended up doing all the extended family gifts with our gifts - we ended up having to unwrap in three sessions. This year we have been able to spread it out much more. Yeah!!

I hope that everyone out there has a wonderful day tomorrow.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.