Thursday, December 29, 2005

My Head is Thumping

We are going tomorrow morning to walk through the possible house. Tonight, I am ready to buy it sight unseen. Why? Well after today I am thinking that a house in which I could put the children all downstairs and still have an entire house upstairs at my disposal sounds like a wonderful idea.

The noise, ohh the noise that they will make. I make it until 3:00 pm, then my head just starts to thump and thud, pulsating from the inside against my skull. I call for quiet time, and retreat to the den. But that just seems to signal for yet more noise. My girls cannot walk or run quietly, it sounds like a herd of elephants moving through the house when they get going. I beg them to please go outside and play - it is 55-degrees and sunny. I promise them they will enjoy it. K runs and hides from me in her room. MB heads out and returns just five minutes later with a friend. To play at our house. To play Twister. They need someone to spin for them.

I just want to let them play. Let them be loud, and messy and run. I really don't care, except that I hurt and EM is finally asleep. I need a basement. With a lock on my side.

We did have a good morning. Everyone up, bright and happy. We dressed and had breakfast while I put together the "Guess Who" game, that was not a Christmas present - but just appeared in the game cabinet. 45 minutes of punching out little plastic pieces, feeding paper slips through the plastic pieces, and seperating paper game pieces without tearing them. We played for 20 minutes. Then off to a meeting.

Home for lunch, and more game playing. We played more of the Guess Who game, some Don't Break The Ice, an Uno. Finally, a phone call interrupted us, so that I could escape move on to some chores and chasing EM around while the girls settled in to watch the Peter Rabbit/Beatrix Potter CollectionDVD that someone got for Christmas.

Today has been a bust on the whole clean and organize my house front. I manage to put together a drawer system storage thing for my closet only to find out that it was too tall. I can never visualize size correctly in my mind. So, I moved it into the den and am going to use it to organize the extra homeschool - school materials that we own - notebooks, notebook paper, pencils, crayons, etc. I just grabbed an extra plastic storage bin and stuffed all my knitting things into there for now. DH is off for a four-day weekend, so I am hoping to get much more accomplished by Monday.

Next week we begin school again! After almost a month off I am looking forward to it. I am sure that the first couple of weeks will be a struggle, but I am thinking that MB is looking forward to it almost as much as I am. I still don't have a lot planned out yet, and probably won't for the first couple of weeks.

We are signed up for a science class in January at a local museum and we will have our science club on Thursdays. We will get right back into the math workbook and start studying Ancient China. I am going to begin using more sight word/spelling word worksheets this 'semester' in addition to our daily read aloud. MB received a human body model that needs to be constructed and since it is too cold for me to drag three children through the woods to look at bare trees, we are going to move on into studying the human body until March or April. We now have recorders (3) and a beginners music book for recorders, so we will add that to our weekly schedule. MB received a guitar for Christmas and I would like her to spend some time every week practicing the chords and techniques her uncle showed her.

I guess I have more there than I thought I did. How we are going to do it is a whole 'nother ballgame.

Have a great evening I am off to daydream about that dungeon basement and read a mindless romance novel.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

J-Lynn said...

I hope the house is everything you both hope and dream for!

You are doing great with decluttering AND being a good mommy on top of it. I'm going to be up all hours of the night cleaning my home.

Well, I'll anxiously be awaiting an entry on the house ASAP. :-) Prayers coming your way..

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.