Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I am still progressing on the organizing job. There are areas that look really nice, not the office/den that I am in now, but a few areas. Yesterday I finished my part of the master closet. DH still needs to weed through his clothing, but I am down to only using about 2 feet of the rod and a shelf and a-half. I have actual floor space in our walk-in closet. I can actually walk in our closet now. When DH came home last night and opened the closet door he said, "Oh Sh*t!" Which in this case I will take as a compliment. I was so psyched up about the closet that I continued on cleaning off the dresser area. Then I just sat on the bed for several minutes and admired both the closet and dresser. My bookcase area in the bedroom now needs to be added to the list as it looks bad compared to the other areas in the bedroom.

Last night my ankle began to ache an throb again. I took a nice, long hot bath after the children were in bed. And today I am not really planning on doing a lot. It has been my reasses day.

Today I unloaded 5 30-gallon trash bags full of clothes at Goodwill. It was a popular place, as we had to wait for nearly 20-minutes to turn the stuff over. Everyone must be trying to unclutter their houses this week. I wish I could have the time to wander through the store itself, as they look loaded. (of course there my problem may be - I am trying to get rid of the clutter in my own house and coveting the clutter other people have gotten rid of)

Then we headed over to BJs so that I could pick up some misc household and foo stuff. I found a very nice canvas drawer rolling storage thingy to store my hobby (knitting and crossstitch) stuff in the master closet. It looks so much better than the plastic things I was planning to use. I also found a closet system to put in the girls' closet. Their closet system was installed by the old owners and has to be the most poorly designed closet system to be used for childre. basically, except for one rod that I can put their dresses on, I cannot reach any of the other shelves or rods. So everything just ends up in a heap on the floor (Sleeping bags, shoes in storage for the nxt kid, ect.) I will probably tackle their closet tomorrow.

We are getting ready to head over to my sil's house so she can watch the kids for a couple of hours while I go to an appointment I have this afternoon. So, today is really shot for completing anything new. If I just finish up a couple more loads of laundry before I go to bed I will be happy.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.