Monday, December 05, 2005

There is just so much grace floating around me right now. I am being very blessed.

I cannot remember Saturday - I have no idea what I did or what the girls did.

Sunday I took MB and EM with me to our new church. DH took K to our old church. Have I ever mentioned that DH does not like change. Except for the fact that we were meeting in a different place, with a different name it felt like normal. It was wonderful being around my church family and friends. We are there and we are together and that is wonderful.

After church, we spent the next few hours just being with daddy and helping him pack. At some point my anxiety began to build. I started making calls, trying to find a babysitter so that I could make a meeting. I still had not found anybody when it was time to leave for the airport, but when I got pack I kept calling. Finally I reached the mother of our teen/afternoon babysitter. This wonderful mother, with no idea what-so-ever of what I needed a babysitter for, said that even though her daughter was out she would come over and keep the girls for me. I felt like someone had given my heart a hug. Shortly after that my MIL called back and said she would come over. But, still the neighbor mother was just so great to offer that.

I made the meeting, and it was just what I needed. God blessed me there, last night. By the time I came home, except for the migraine that was building from the earlier anxiety, I was almost entirely anxiety free. It totally left me able to be nice and 'with' the girls. I let them stay up late and watch the movie they had started with grandmommy. They were surprisingly easy to put to bed and by 11:00 the house was quiet. Too quiet.

This morning continued to be peaceful and easier than I had anticipated. Except for an argument over who I was going to sit with and cuddle - since they refused to sit on the same sofa (the answer was neither since they were arguing), we had an easy, lazy morning.

This week is our last week before a holiday break. So, we are reviewing sight words and history that we have covered over the last couple of months. Since we are in the middle of a science unit we will just keep going with that. Our math program does continuous review, so we are good there. After today I am feeling good about the amount of material that MB is retaining. So, we will keep doing our thing until the end of the week, and for the next three weeks play it by ear. If they start acting crazy and needing some structure, or actually asking for work I will throw some their way. Otherwise, mommy is taking the time off to prepare for holidays, birthdays and general craziness.

Sis-in-law is coming over tonight to sit with the girls while I go out to my meeting. Then, MIL is coming back Tuesday afternoon so I can do some shopping. Honestly, I feel as though I am getting more 'alone' time than I normally do. But, I will just consider this my pre-christmas gift.

Off to cook dinner for all.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.