Saturday, April 29, 2006

Breakfast Conversations

Both MB and K got me good with conversations this morning over breakfast.

First MB and I were working together to fix breakfast for everyone this morning. She makes a mean batch of pancakes. I told her how wonderful it was to have help in the kitchen.

MB -- "This is what we do."

Me -- 'What?"

MB -- "Women's Work"

I like being in the kitchen and preparing meals - but so does my husband. Granted, his are always more on the gourmet, restaurant style - but he likes to be in there too. I have never referred to what I do as "women's work." So I am not sure where she is getting this from. But, while she is enjoying "women's work" I have about 2 loads of laundry I would be willing to share.

After we sat down at the table to eat MB asked me a question about our wedding (DH's & mine). K's eyes got really big and she looked at me like she had never seen me before "You not married to daddy!"

Me -- "yes, your daddy and I are married."

K -- "no, no, no! I gonna marry daddy! You not married."

And, yes, K is daddy's little girl.

I don't think MB and I ever could convince K that daddy and I were married. Of course later in the day MB asked me if daddy could have married one of his sisters. I didn't say it - but I did think for just a moment replying with "no, we don't live in Alabama ;) "

Peace,

Amy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kids like to say it like it is! I love it!

Dy said...

Hey now! That's Arkansas! Here in Alabama, you've gotta be at least first cousins. ;-)

Dy

Admin said...

Hey, that's a good one!

From a Georgia Girl - and we marry at least 2nd cousins, not like those Alabama people :)

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.