Friday, April 07, 2006

Today was House Inspection Day. A BIG day for us, as it is the only thing at this point that could possibly mess up our intended move. They told us we could stay here for the inspection, which was good being that it started at 9:00 am and I was just making breakfast when they arrived. The inspector came, along the with the buyers agent and buyer's father. I actually had a really good time visiting with the agent and father. Very nice people there. The girls did a great job listening and staying out of the way of the inspector. We played outside for about an hour and then I let them come in and watch a video for awhile before they decided they would rather be out in the 80-degree weather.

The inspector stayed 3 hours. I don't know whether that is good or not for us, but I am sure he was very thorough for the buyer. A couple of times when the inspector and I crossed paths he asked about where we are moving and if we are excited. I had to bite my tongue not to return with "Well, that depends on your report." Because that is what it is down to.

It is at least over. I have spent the last weeks going around the house looking for things that I coul go ahead and fix. Now, I don't have that pressure hanging over me. Early next week we will get our list from the inspection and actually know what needs to be repaired. As the inspector left he shook my hand and said congratulations. I hope that means we are not going to be raked over the coals.

Three more weeks basically....

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

Melora said...

A handshake and congratulations sounds like a really good sign to me! Three hours seems like a long time to inspect, but maybe he was just really conscientious. I know that, when I'm doing an appraisal, I try to say as little as possible and certainly wouldn't say something like "congratulations" when I think the house isn't going to appraise to the sales price and I'm about to throw a wrench in people's plans. The whole selling/packing/moving thing is so stressful, and you will be through it soon!

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.