Wednesday, April 26, 2006

So Many Things

Toys

We have not gone back to our storage unit yet to start moving things back into the house. I am getting to the point I am starting to miss some of our things - mainly homeschooling materials and books. The one thing I am not missing, and apparently the children are not either, are all the toys that were packed away - 2 LARGE boxes and a medium size one. I am not sure how to approach this. (1) most of those toys were given as gifts and I would hate to hurt anyone's feelings by just getting rid of them (the people who gave them are around enough to realize whether or not they are here and will comment) (2) there is alot of money invested in those toys - to the point it kind of paralyzes me to just donate it all and I do not do yard sales (bad memories). Honestly the girls have only really missed some of their board games - and I have not hear a word about all the other things that were packed away.

I do know I want to keep the Little People Collections as they have continued to play with the ones that are out during this time - and we have at least two more children who will be growing into them. I also use them in teaching history :). I also want to keep the train set. This is one of those one again/ off again toys with us. I personally love to play with it, and if we have a boy this time around we will already have this toy for him (not that the girls don't play with it). Dress-up is a must have in this house - to the point we never even packed it away. So, I am left with boxes of stuffed animals, dolls, play food and kitchen gear, and I don't even remember what else that I have to figure out what to do with - without hurting anyone's feelings. But we cannot bring this clutter back into the house.

Peace,
Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.