Thursday, May 10, 2007

Fresh from the Garden

Yesterday we had a garden milestone. We finally, I felt, had large enough plants that I could actually harvest a worthwhile amount of lettuce and spinach for our dinner last night. I ended up with a collander full of leaf lettuce and spinach leaves - Yummy.

For dinner last night we had baked spaghetti, which actually was more like baked beef-a-roni as we have lots more elbow pasta than spaghetti pasta right now. And, a side salad. A couple of the girls wanted small bowls of salad along with dinner and I had one for myself. There was plenty left for dh when he got home from work and even my lunch today.

DH came home and fixed himself dinner while I was doing the bedtime routine. Before I realized it my husband had used every last bit of the salad for himself. My man loves salad!! I wish I had more room to plant more lettuce plants. We are going to have to enlarge the garden space next year!

So we will wait a few more days to have salad again.

Dessert was yummy strawberries with whipped topping. I love this time of year!

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.