Wednesday, May 16, 2007

One of those days...

I should have just rolled over.

First thing this morning, before my head was even off the pillow, I rubbed my hand across my forehead. "Where did this zit come from all of a sudden?" I get up, stumble to the mirror, and's not a zit but a tick. Right in-between the eyebrows. We had gone for a hike yesterday and I had done a tick check on the children, but forgot to ask dh to do one for me. I'm sure it wasn't there though before I went to sleep.

Thankfully DH was still around so I had him pull it before he went to work. I noticed some minor swelling, but that isn't unusual. Fast forward to this afternoon, I am sitting here with one side of my face all swollen up and waiting for DH to come home from work so I can go spend money we don't have at urgent care. I just don't like the way my eye is closing up and the fact that it hasn't gotten any better in 9 hours.

I decided to let MB use our old camcorder to make movies with. Last night I take it out of the bag and hook it up to charge the battery. Only the battery is dead, dead. Then, this morning I try to find the cable to hook it up to the tv so that I could at least give her a rundown on the controls and let her play with it plugged in. They should have been in the bag with everything else. But, no, that would have been too easy.

I searched for two hours before finally giving up. We have like 20 of these A/V cables for various components - yet could not find the ONE that fits this. I even hunted through the boxes in our garage from last years aborted move. Those boxes of the things we just HAVE TO KEEP....

I can buy a new cable, and a new battery. Spend about $65 when the smoke clears. I'm trying to decide if it is worth that. I could also sell it for about that with the dead battery and missing cable. But, it would be cool to see what kind of movies she would come up with. Decisions, decisions.

It wasn't a horrible day, but one in which I feel I did nothing productive, nothing planned.



1 comment:

Melora said...

oh my goodness! The swelling and black eye -- are those from the tick? You are so calm about it! I found a huge tick on Bo yesterday and have been queasy ever since. Ed says he put the Frontline on last week. Now I'm convinced that there are other ticks Lurking in the house. I promised the kids a hike up Stone Mountain today, but now that plan sounds very unappealing. I hope the ER doctors are able to fix you up quickly!!!!

I know just what you mean about missing cables. I don't know why they make them all with slightly different ends, except that they know we will have to keep replacing them.

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.