Saturday, May 12, 2007

May Grocery Challenge - Update 2

I did most of the grocery shopping for next week today. I only have one more thing to pick up this weekend while it is on sale, and I will do that tomorrow (sale runs Wed - Tue). Otherwise, I spent $35 today. This should cover the groceries for next week. What did I get:

Farmers Market
Lettuce - $2 for a large bag
Spring Onions - $1.50 bunch
Total: $3.50
I wanted broccoli, but got there 15 minutes too late.

Trader Joe's
Gallon Milk - $2.99
5 Bananas - $.99
3lbs Pears - $3.99
Doz Eggs - $.99
Mangosauce - $2.99
Total: $12.22

Kroger
Formula - $12.12
Tortilla Shells - $.99
Sandwhich Bread - $.99
Ice Cream - $2.50
Salsa - $1.50
Total: $18.46

So far, so good. It is close to mid-month and I am at $78, still under the $100 mark. Hopefully we can keep it up with our menu we have.

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.