Friday, September 23, 2005

Five Years - Five Things

Carrie at Mommy Brain pegged me for this meme. I am supposed to pick five people, but most of the people that I know that come here have already done this. So if you would like to do it go ahead and let me know so I can run by for a visit.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
1995. I was in my senior year of college at NCSU. Taking those easy senior electives and trying to figure out what I actually wanted to do with my majors in psychology and sociology. Not-yet-DH and I had been dating about a year, both of us were taking it very slowly and not real discussion of the future had been made.

What were you doing 5 years ago?
2000. I was 26 and a SAHM with MB who was about 9 months old. I was bored out of my mind and wondering what I was suppose to do with this little, already independent, strong-minded creature that we had been given to raise. I was beginning to look for full-time work to go back to.

What were you doing one year ago?
2004. I was 30, six months pregnant with little EM. I had just quit my job the year before and was still trying to get settled in with being a SAHM again. I was researching and reading everything I could get my hands on about homeschooling and was trying my hand at homeschooling the MB (Kindergarten) and K.

What were you doing yesterday?
Wednesday. Morning homeschooling. Afternoon I took MB and K to their grandparents so that I could take EM in for her 9 month check-up. She is great, thanks for asking.

5 snacks you enjoy

1. M&Ms
2. Dr. Pepper
3. Cheese Quesadilla
4. Yogurt Covered Raisins
5. Homemade Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies

5 songs I know all the words to

None – I am absolutely horrible with songs. I can and will murder in and all lyrics. I even make up my own to children’s songs.

5 things you would do if you had a million dollars

1. Buy a lot of land and build two homes on it, one for us and one for my mother
2. Pay off every bill that we have
3. Invest for our early retirement
4. Tithe – not sure in what way
5. College/Wedding Funds (x3)

5 things you like doing

1. reading
2. nature walks
3. knitting
4. planning lessons
5. playing card games

5 bad habits

1. Reading when I have other things to do
2. Staying up too late
3. biting my nails
4. not eating regularly
5. Not going to the dentist often enough (at least that is what they tell me when I come in every couple of years – but it takes me that long to save up the $$ it is going to cost)

5 things I would never wear again

1. big hoop earrings
2. thong
3. those teeny-tiny lacy things at the bottom of my drawer from pre-children years
4. high-heeled shoes
5. most of the clothes in the department stores

5 favorite toys
1. My Laptop
2. My husband
3. My Children
4. The Internet – The blogging universe
5. Knitting needles and a ball of yarn

Have a great evening -

Peace,

Amy

No comments:

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.