Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A Quandary

Tonight I sent the last invoice for the projects I had been working on. When I spoke to the guy I had been working with he said that there might be more down the road, but right now we are done. I feel relieved in many aspects that it is over. It was tiring trying to keep up with everything and there were times that I would much rather had put my feet up and knitted or read for the evening instead of sitting down at the computer for a two hour marathon of work. Although I probably would have been on the computer for those two hours most nights anyway.

I am going to miss it too. Beyond bringing in extra money, which was nice, I liked having something to do in the working realm. I learned some new techniques for some programs I worked with and enjoyed having an 'outside the home' interest. But, mainly I liked bringing in some money, paying a few things down and putting unexpected money towards some school activities for this year.

My quandary is whether or not to start hustling for some new projects now, or just sit back for awhile and wait, see if anything more comes from this guy. These projects I worked on were perfect for our schedule, and the bonus was that they had very little urgency attached to them.

Yet, I feel self-inflicted guilt if I don't do anything because Christmas and birthday season is coming up and I could do more. I just don't wanna!

Hubby is not real concerned and just tells me to do what I feel like. Not a lot of help - you know what I mean.

I am probably not going to do anything for the next couple of weeks. I really want to get back on track with our standard budget and lifestyle - it has been neglected lately. I want to get back to my full-time job - managing a happy/healthy household and loving my husband. I miss that - amazingly ;-).

I do have two success stories to share tonight. First of all, after finally updating our Quicken budget page I am pleased to share that following the eating our freezer/pantry excesses decision, and that even after returning to standard grocery store shopping we are still running below our budgeted grocery bill!! Good, now that money can go straight into our gas tanks. The second was something I wasn't really even trying for. I have noticed that my clothing that I have been wearing this summer is starting to bag on me. I am back to my pre-second pregnancy size. Of course this means that I will need to buy some new jeans for the fall/winter - but all for the good.

Carrie - I know that I owe you the meme. I will get to it by the end of the week - I promise.

Peace,

Amy

1 comment:

Admin said...

Check out liveops.com and workathomeagent.net if you would like to see about continuing to work from home. Also, wahm.com offers some addtional resources.

A family of six living and learning. You might catch us outside in the mud or working on crafts. We always seem to be on the go, come on and join us.